Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dreamt of Her

What can I say or do,
Where can I go from here?
How can I move forward,
If I cannot have you near?
Far too easy at this time,
To cry and feel alone.
Far too easy at this time,
To lose what I've been shown.
All those things you've taught me,
The split from right or wrong,
Like how to make decisions,
Or pull meaning from a song.
But I know you've always crafted,
A world I can enjoy,
Just know you have succeeded,
For me, your little boy.
No poem could I ever write,
With which to tell you thank-you,
No word could I ever find,
To equal such a thank-you.
You gave to me the perfect gift,
And sealed it with a kiss,
So now all that I can do,
Is stand and read you this.
So let you know how much it means,
To carry on your love,
In my heart and in my mind,
To feel you from above.
Everything you stood for,
And all that I will be,
Let's me know, deep inside,
That it's time to set you free.
So no more pain and no more sadness,
You're off to better things,
Where singers sing and dreamers dream,
And angels flap their wings.
And on this earth from where I stand,
I know what I must do,
Keep your love and my head held high,
Press on, and think of you.
Even when the earth's storms rage,
And the sea just won't stand calm,
The memories will last a lifetime,
It's me, I love you Mom...

1 comment: