Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bright Side of Town

Cheap living on the far side of town has its drawbacks.

I have never once had a neighbor knocking on my door yield any sort of positive results.

They have always either had their sink overflowing, car dead, needed money for cigarettes, needed cigarettes, needed cat food, needed cat litter, needed human food, lost their cat, were stuck in a tv tray, were annoyed at the volume of my music, locked themselves out, wanted to hang out, shrieking in the hallway, smelled dope and wanted some, etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum.  Been a real trashy streak in my life here at 904 Spartan Dr. #1.  Lots of good folk coming and going.  I did buy my car from a felon that lived here, and did get my hands on three bowling balls for free.

The people below us have always been real keen on smoking cigarettes in their apartment and flushing their toilet when I'm in the shower.  They love their little yippee dog as much as they like getting drunk and cussing at each other at 2 in the afternoon.  The smell of their ashtrays and what can only be a sink full of rotten dishes delights its way up the vents and makes my apartment smell like a Turkish prison.

Yea, a 4-plex on the not-so-bright side of town will save you money, but at what cost?

2 comments:

  1. No cost at all if you can look at your situation through different eyes. Maybe find humor, goodness or beauty. The lives of people around you could be good vignettes of the human condition. Will cost you time and effort to work harder so you can relocate to a place more suitable to your liking.

    ReplyDelete