Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I can see me not seeing the foot of snow

As someone with terrible natural eyesight, the world I take in without my glasses is a distorted and blurry one.  Solid lines bleed in and fade from the edges of objects, light and darkness become the only truly discernable 'shape' my eyes can lock onto.  The giant orange numbers of our alarm clock become nothing more than a drop of watercolor on a sheet of parchment paper.

As I crawled out of bed today, the first thing I did (the first thing I do everyday) is go for my glasses.  Seconds before putting them on I 'looked' out the window.  White, lots of piercing white.  Movement, reminiscent of channel 3 static on an old analog television.

I could see the foot of snow that had fallen overnight, even though I could not see even the window.

1 comment:

  1. Having poor natural eyesight myself, I can totally relate to seeing some things but not others. In my case, my myopia enables me to see only what's near.

    ReplyDelete