Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Recurring

Last night I had a recurring dream of mine.  Although not a nightmare, it tends to be quite stressful.

I'm under the assumption that I am still enrolled in college at a dreamscape version of my elementary school, Radley Elementary.  Always the same three classes in the same three rooms, my last semester is under way and I scramble to try and gather my extremely heavy books and make it to the rooms on time.  I'm late to all three, months behind in them all, and the teachers scowl at me as I hobble in ten minutes late and attempt to filter through my undecipherable notes.

At my breaking point, ready to just fail all three classes and try again next semester, I uncover my framed degree in my backpack.  A wave of relief rushes over me and I awake with a smile knowing that it was all one big dream misunderstanding, because I have in fact already graduated.

No comments:

Post a Comment