Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pickle

I've found myself in a pickle.  My grandfather gave me an older truck that I got fixed up but continues to have issues. My brother and I got snowed in at Boulder last weekend during the final weekend of hunting season, forcing me to leave the truck there.  The truck will not idle, dying at every stop.  We managed to limp it home late last night, but I need to have it fixed yet again (the ball joints went bad the weekend prior, and took a week to get fixed to allow the vehicle to steer).  My grandfather (who currently doesn't have a driver's license) let me borrow his Honda Pilot all the while to get to work.

He is now convinced that he needs his Honda back.

I do not want to upset the man, I love him dearly and respect what he has given me.

I gave my last car to a friend to help him out of a financial pickle of his own (a decision I sort of regret at this juncture (I've always been too nice for my own good)).

So now I need to get the Honda back, get the truck fixed, and figure out a way to get to work until the dust settles that hopefully doesn't involve walking 8 miles in the freezing cold.

1 comment: