Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hello November

The End of October
Ernest Ange Duez

October has misted away like a phantasmal witch on a straw broom into the silhouette of the moon.  Troll parties and light staffs are in the furthest possible closet of my brain.  That annual voice telling me to get working on a great original costume is at its faintest.  Our big plastic pumpkin bowl is full of candy still, soon to be picked at like a rotten armadillo in the Mojave flats.  We didn't get any Trick-or-Treaters (we did have our crazy neighbor fall on a TV tray and require my assistance (her apartment was like a haunted house (only more disgusting))).  Actual organic pumpkins were carefully carved and now missing from our steps in traditional November fashion.  My car has snow on it, my car has snow tires on it, it is all very appropriate.  Soon I will yank the guts from a giant frozen bird and replace them with a loaf of crumbled bread and drink hot whiskey ciders.  Yes, October has crawled back into its grave for another 11 months.  Hello November.

And who knows, it may just never rise again.  October 2012... Will we make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment