Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What I found...

What I found on my walk yesterday:

-Lots of concrete.  So much so that all the parks and gardens that give Missoula her namesake seem implanted and coerced.

-The duck pond was wintered out of all life, save for three plastic bags choking to the side of the bank.

(If there is trash on top of concrete, which one is the litter?)

-A woman smoking a cigarette at a bus stop, staring at me intensely as she sucked hard on her butt, like I was doing something wrong and needed monitoring.

-A delicious orange purchased from the store, which I consumed on my way back.  I made a point to throw the rind onto some grass.

-When I got back home my neighbors were in tears smoking cigarettes on the stoop cussing at each other.

Dreary.

1 comment:

  1. Some days are indeed dreary. But almost always we can find something in a day, dreary or not, that we can be grateful for. Today, for example, I thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete