Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Patterns

One thing I notice when I'm lucky enough to be looking out from the window seat of an airplane, is that all the rivers and tributaries look like blood vessels.  When you look at a high resolution close-up of the human eye, all the blood vessels look like trees and branches.  When you look at the roots of a tree or the veins on a leaf, the same pattern emerges.  These patterns recur all throughout nature and are also known as fractals.  They can be mathematically duplicated ad infinitum into absolutely stunning works of art.  Truly awe inspiring stuff.

What cannot be mathematically duplicated are the asymmetrical and swollen patterns of the veins on my left leg.  Appearing roughly a week ago and out of nowhere, they demonstrate to me that everything, even the beautiful patterns of nature, can sometimes go wrong.  Mutations and illnesses come from out of nowhere, strike without hesitation, and show no mercy.

Perhaps I should go get it checked out.  May need some road work on my body's highways.

No comments:

Post a Comment