Saturday, September 7, 2013

Memories

I'm always contemplating the worth of memories and memorabilia.

When someone mentions the word memorabilia, many people think of sports teams and foam fingers, I think of newspaper clippings and old checkbooks.  Memorabilia are objects that carry with them the value of association with a specific interest, field, or memory.

My trouble lies on the balance of worth between the actual memory, and the object associated with it.  Should I be happy with the collection of stored senses and remembrances in my mind, or do I also want to keep a trinket to trigger these memories?  The memories die with the owner, but objects remain on the earth, their value dependent on many factors but mostly who stays in contact with them.

I want to keep on this subject, I'll try and sort this out better tomorrow.  Brain's a little fuzzy today.


No comments:

Post a Comment