Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Vivid

My dreamworld has been awash with vivid absurdity as of late.  The removal of a certain chemical from my daily intake is most likely responsible.  Each night as I lie and slumber, days and weeks elapse within my dreams in vast and epic scenarios that span everything from terrifying to amazing.

Last night my Uncle Arnold and myself staged a coup from within a fictitious WWII countries' POW camp that ultimately failed. We did however managed to garner the respect of the guards, who then later assisted us in overthrowing the regime.  It had a final Spielberg-esque final scene when I defiantly threw a brick at the Warden's compound despite being faced with a firing squad, which stirred the would be executioners to about face and help us storm the building.  Arnold was only in his mid-thirties, and had long thick hair.

Then there was the Ecuadorian illegal street racing dream where I had to get into a shootout with hazmat suit wearing CDC enforcers.  Drifting through the third world in my suped-up Daewoo Nubira firing the Desert Eagle out of the window.

The dream where I choked back tears as I watched my mother sink into the ocean carried by a bathysphere as she smiled back a look of "don't worry I'll be fine."

I must say, it has been rather enjoyable for the most part.

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure what chemical you stopped taking...but whatever it is, I also want to stop taking it!

    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete