Monday, July 14, 2014

Leslie Lake

I took an extended camping trip into the Elkhorn mountains this weekend.  It was a phenomenal time that changed my outlook on who I am and what I am capable of.  Mostly it was the task of getting a little 2WD Honda Recon ATV up a rocky and harrowing 5 mile 'trail' up to Leslie Lake.  Never having any 4 wheeler experience, or experience with a manual transmission, I was a little nervous at the onset.  Once I got the hang of it though, I decided that it was something that I was meant to do.  Shooting up boulders and crossing streams started to feel like second nature.

Sadly, my phone decided to break, so I couldn't take any pictures of the pristine lake or the monstrous trout swimming within  that wanted nothing to do with the lures I tossed in.

3 comments:

  1. But the memories will always be there. Also, these are the days that make living in Montana so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And especially if once can eat that monstrous trout, that is after giving it Aloha (talking to it and apologizing for making it dinner). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant "one" not "once." But then you most likely knew that already. I'm just saying this for the record. :)

    ReplyDelete