Monday, July 21, 2014

Scotch

Sitting here by myself in the late hours of work, I find my mind zoned out on a yellow (it could be green, I am color blind after-all) scotch tape dispenser.

Do you capitalize the scotch in scotch tape, as in Scotch tape?  It is capitalized on the dispenser, but that could be due to an egotism from the Scotch tape dispenser manufacturer.  'Our tape is so important it is a proper-noun' they probably think as their machines kick out dispensers.

Is Scotch/scotch tape made in Scotland?  Unlikely.  Does the glue in Scotch/scotch tape contain a derivative of single malt in its adhesive?  Even more unlikely.

Does staring at the Scotch brand Scotch/scotch tape dispenser make me want to consume a fine single malt?

Definitely.

Do any other companies make off-brand
Scotch/scotch tape?  If so, do they have an uncapitalized scotch tape and matching dispenser?

I think it is time I get back to work...

1 comment: