Thursday, September 27, 2012

Desert Eagle

-I don't prescribe to the 'Home Defense' camp of gun ownership and gun rights.

-I do get a small amount of comfort knowing that I'll be all the more ready for any zombie apocalypse.

-I don't go hunting, but I used to, and may someday like to again.

-'Investment' is a word I've been known to say when referring to a firearm.

-I'm not a whacko, don't keep my guns loaded, keep them locked up, and generally only shoot them at fresh produce.

-In 1979 Israeli Military Industries (IMI) began design on a new large-framed handgun.

-It was to be one of the first gas-operated handguns where the pressure of the cartridge would be responsible for auto-loading, rendering the handgun semi-automatic.

-Production began in 1982.

-In 2012 I purchased one of these handguns.  It is one of only a handful of .50 caliber handguns.  .50 caliber is the largest caliber allowed to be designed and produced by U.S. law.  .50 caliber is very large.

-It is called the Desert Eagle.  And it is extremely bad ass.


1 comment: