Friday, September 14, 2012

Little experiment in self-cheering

Head colds and nasal congestion are not pleasant.

Taking my first sick day in 2 years and playing extra video games while sipping OJ and Ginger Ale was pretty nice.

Coughing and sneezing for two days is not pleasant.

Melissa nursing me back to health and getting me soups and drinks and medicines was quite nice.

Having your car start to throttle and shake like a mechanical bull is not pleasant.

Watching a documentary on arm wrestling (a sport that I may be farthest from connected to) was extremely entertaining and even made my throat lump-up in sadness.

Missing 14 hours of work will not be pleasant when my next check comes.

Being able to see most, but not all, of the mountains out of my living room window means that the forest fire derived smoke, which is likely responsible for my condition, is starting to recede, that's nice.

Green masses of slime coming out of my lungs do not taste pleasant.

Green masses of slime coming out of my lungs means that they are no longer in my lungs, that's probably for the best.

Here I took five things that have really got me down and typed them out.  The positive lines were put in last, weaving them into the shitty ones.  Now off to work.

2 comments: