Monday, August 26, 2013

While the power was out...

Last night, a short yet severe storm slapped Missoula across the face.  The sky had been ominous all day, but finally around 6:30 in the evening the winds picked up and rain started coming in sideways by the bucketful.  Melissa and I had just returned from the store and were chopping up all manner of vegetables for a stir-fry dinner, when 'C-Rack,' a lighting bolt slammed home and everything powered down.  The electric stove didn't want anything to do with cooking vegetables for the next hour and half (I was starving), so we decided to get into a bottle of knapweed honey wine we had been given for a wedding present.  We did so on the kitchen floor, sitting around discussing the fires and the move while our cats cruised around wondering what we were doing down on the floor.

These things I was reaffirmed of while the power was out last night:

- I don't like knapweed honey wine, not even a little bit.

- We are as excited as we are nervous about moving to Helena.

- I love my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment